Background

Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Home Stretch!!

Yesterday was the last major mark in this pregnancy!  Yesterday I hit 28 weeks aka my third trimester!

Me at 28 weeks!
The whole pregnancy we've been telling ourselves "we'll start getting everything ready after the holidays." Well, his due date sure seems a lot closer on this side of the holidays.  We got through New Years, and realized that we only had 3 months left.  Today I think we officially have 83 days until he's supposed to be here.  Yikes!

Two weeks ago they had me do the one hour gestational diabetes test, and I failed.  So, last week I had to go in and do the three hour glucose test.  I was a little freaked out, not going to lie. Thankfully, though, I do not have GD.  It did put me in a little bit of a healthier mindset though, and I stopped eating as much sugar as I was before.  I also had to go get a Rhogam shot today because my blood is Rh negative.  So between the GD tests and the shot today, I've been stuck with a needle more times in the last two weeks than I have in probably the last 3 years combined.

Little dude weighs about 2 1/4 pounds right now, and he's very active.  His favorite place to sit is with his behind right up against the "point" of my right ribs.  This week we were able to see him squirm around for the first time.  I've been able to feel it for a little while, but because my placenta is anterior, I haven't been able to feel or see movement quite as much as "normal," so it was pretty cool to watch him squirm around in there.

He's been moving quite a bit for Neal lately.  This morning we laid in bed for about 15 minutes while Neal put his hand on my side and felt him move around.  It was a special moment! :)

I've gained about 20 pounds total since getting pregnant, and according to my doctor that's just fine.  I didn't gain any weight this week (I think its a result of the lovely stomach bug I had mid-last week).  I'm trying really hard not to gain more than the 25-35 pounds because I know it could make out little guy heavier than normal, and quite frankly, the more in normal weight range that he is, the happier I will be.

Neal's been such a rock star these last few weeks.  I've been super obsessed with cleaning and organizing everything, and he's been willing to do whatever I've asked of him.  We've finally at least got his room cleaned out a bit.  His room became the "catch-all" for everything during the holidays - all of our holiday decoration boxes and extra decorations went in his room.  Now that we've got that all put away, we can start focusing on actually getting his room ready.  We ordered an AWESOME crib blanket for him that we're centering his room theme around.


I didn't like a lot of the crib sets that you could get at Babies R Us and Target because them seemed so silly.  "Here's an 11 piece set that has some things you won't even use.  Plus, if something gets ruined, you have to try and find the replacement, otherwise it won't match the rest of the nursery."

Ya.  No thanks.  So instead, we ordered the crib blanket, and registered for sheets and other things that would match the colors.  That way, we can change things around after he's born if we want.

Well, that's about all for now!  We're just counting down the days and getting ready!!

2 comments:

  1. Pregnancy really does all of a sudden start to go quicker when you get to the 3rd trimester! You're belly is so cute and little, love it! I've had to do the 3-hour glucose test twice now (2nd time diagnosed with GD) and it's no bueno! I feel like a human pin cushion afterward and somewhat nauseated for a day or 2. I also have to get the Rhogam shot and I gotta say it's not my favorite thing either. Hopefully you'll get lucky and have negative blood babies!! (I'm 3 for 3!) Good luck on your home stretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Rh- too?!!! Those darn shots are the worst!!! I can't believe its only 3 months till baby Johnson is here! You are so good only gaining 20 pounds so far! I gained 60!!! Luckily I've also lost 55 of it! Never again! I wanna look like you for my next pregnancy! You are truly stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete