Background

Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sewing (x2), a new show, and church fun

I really need to start taking more pictures.  I look back over the last couple of weeks and think to myself, "Hey, we did some pretty cool things.......and I have no pictures to show for it!"

Anyway, the last couple of weeks for us have been fun!

-Scrooge closed at the Candlelight Dinner Theater, and tech week for 9 to 5 started.  They just opened 9 to 5 last week.  Let me tell you - it is HILARIOUS!!!

-We started our prenatal classes.  Those have been entertaining (and kind of eye opening).

-We had an awesome Relief Society activity (that I'm finally able to go to...woohoo!).  They did mini classes on some things you could do to better yourself over the next year.  The classes were about sewing, wardrobe, photography, and music.  You could choose two of them, so I chose sewing and photography.  I learned how to do a hem by hand and a ladder stitch properly (thanks Sharon!).  I also learned some about composition of photographs to help me in my candid shots over the years (hence the "I need to take more pictures" deal).

-My friend Jocelyn invited me over to sew car seat covers!  It was SO much fun!  It's not finished yet because I'm going to wait until we have our car seat to sew the straps on.  It was really nice to spend time getting to know her better, and to do the sewing WITH someone else so that when things look wrong you can compare them with each other.  Haha.

-We took our monthly trip down to the temple in Denver.  I love going down to the temple, and I am SO glad that we have made it a priority to go at least once a month since we've been married!

-Neal got his job on the 16th!  Read about that here :)

-Late that same night Neal's brother and sister-in-law had their fifth little one, Daniel.  We went and met him the next day and then went to Red Robin to celebrate Neal's new job.  Mmmm their fries are sooo good!  (That's been my one pregnancy craving).

-Saturday and Sunday we had Stake Conference.  There were some incredible talks on the temple and missionary work.  Our stake president also told us that the Fort Collins Temple is progressing forward wonderfully :)  That made me so happy!  The mission president for our area is just wonderful, and a truly enjoyed hearing him speak on missionary work!

No comments:

Post a Comment