Background

Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

20 week ultrasound :)

As you probably already know, we had our 20 week ultrasound on Tuesday.

The biggest question: what is baby's gender?  Well, our little one is most definitely a boy.


I'm sure he will love me for that later.  Sorry if you think it's TMI :) I think it's cute!

He measured 14 ounces (almost a pound already!  Woo-hoo!) and a week further along than what he actually is.  The sonographer said they probably won't up his due date though.  Apparently, generally, if its within about two weeks of your previous ultrasound's estimated due date, they won't change it.  I'm guessing that's because it's easier to get accurate measurements when they're not moving around a ton. We should find out for sure on Monday though.

It was pretty cool during the ultrasound: Neal got to see him kick like crazy!  He hasn't been able to feel him move around yet (I swear baby moves around like crazy until I tell Neal to come over), so it was a cool thing for him to see.

He kept putting his arm and hand in front of his face, so we got to see his little finger and arm a whole lot.  It was pretty crazy to see each of those little fingers move around.  He didn't like being poked by the ultrasound thing either...he would get into a good position for the sonographer to get the picture she needed, and as soon as she'd go to take the picture, he'd move.  It was pretty cute - he's definitely our child!  Stubborn :)

Neal keeps giving me a hard time because I keep looking at the pictures on the cd that she gave us, but I just can't help it.  I can't believe how much he has changed in just 12 short weeks.

I'm also happy to be past the half way point.  I keep telling myself that the last 20 weeks went by really fast, and so the next 20 weeks will go by fast as well.  He's become much more active this week, so that makes me really happy as well!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being halfway through! And congrats on the baby boy!! I love ultrasound pictures too - so cool what you can see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Page measured a week further along then she was supposed to be and they ddidn't change my due date and she was 3 weeks early! Just sayin! ; D so excited to hear you are having a boy! There are some cute boy clothes at Target and everytime I see them now I think of you! Congrats again Amanda and Neal!

    ReplyDelete