Background

Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Cat's Out of the Bag

We've known this for a while, but I wanted to wait to post anything on my blog until I let my coworkers know....

Ever since Neal and I got married, we have felt that it would be important for me to stay home with our kiddos.  After we got pregnant, we not only felt it was important, but after a lot of prayer and discussion, we decided me staying home was what Heavenly Father wanted us to do.  The problem at that point was we had NO idea how we were going to accomplish that.

During the first couple months of the pregnancy, we tried so hard to focus on Nephi's experience trying to get the plates from Laban in the Book of Mormon, and our theme kind of became 1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

We knew that Heavenly Father would not ask us to do this if it were not possible for us to accomplish it, and that He would provide a way as along as we put our faith in Him.  So, we began praying specifically that we could accomplish this, and that we would be able to see the way he had prepared for us.

In December, Neal applied for and was blessed to be offered a job that you can read about here.  We were so grateful because it really was an answer to our prayers.  It not only had benefits, but I made us feel more comfortable (financially) about going down to 1 income.

So, there you have it.  After little dude is born, I will get to stay home with him.  We are so incredibly excited, and extremely blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment