Background

Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Making new "friends"

At my new job, in my office, I have a white board.  This white board is right above my computer.  I glance at it a ton.  I got a bunch of magnets for it, only to find out the white board is no longer magnetic.  "So..." I asked myself, "...what in the world am I going to do with this white board?"  Well, I thought and thought, and then remembered that in seminary I used to memorize scriptures by writing them down, and then erasing one word at a time, until I had the whole thing memorized.  The problem?  I only did this my freshman year.  The other three years I "didn't have time" for scripture mastery.  Then it clicked!  I can use this white board (that isn't magnetic anymore) as a tool in memorizing scriptures!  Elder Richard G. Scott spoke in the October 2011 General Conference about the power that comes from memorizing scriptures.  He said they become a friend that cannot be separated by time or distance.  I LOVED this concept, but had forgotten about it until now.  I am excited to start this adventure of making new "friends."  I have memorized Moroni 7:45 and 1 Nephi 3:7 so far, and am currently working on 2 Nephi 2:27.  The greatest part?  It only takes about thirty seconds to glance up, read the scripture once through, and erase a couple words for next time.  I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment