Background

Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Army vs Marine MMA Fights

My momma sings the National Anthem at all of the MMA fights for the local MMA organizations in Denver.  The event scheduled for Saturday (the 10th) was the Army vs Marine fights.  They were raising money for the Wounded Warrior project, and everyone who fought represented either the Army or the Marines.  For this particular event, Jeff (the guy who is in charge) wanted both the National Anthem and America the Beautiful sung.  My mom thought it would be boring to hear the same person sing two songs in a row, so she invited me to come sing America the Beautiful with her so we could mix it up a bit.  It was really fun, and really nerve-wracking all at the same time.  I haven't sung in front of that many people in a LONG time!!  We were treated to VIP passes for the day and got to eat free burritos and all kinds of other awesome stuff.  It was wonderful to see people come and support the project.  Over $2000 was raised in the four hours we were there.  It was also wonderful to be able to sing a song that was about a country that meant SO much to the people who were there!

Neal and I in our "VIP" spot

Mom and I getting ready to sing

Singing America the Beautiful

Probably the only time I will ever stand inside an MMA cage

No comments:

Post a Comment