Background

Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

We did it!

Guess what?!?  I didn't die on Saturday!  Robin and I both ran the entire 5k in 35ish minutes!  We didn't get any pictures (I know, what the heck, right?) but I was allowed to get new running shoes after the race.  My OLD Asics KILLED my feet, and my knees, AND my hips.  So now I have a lovely pair of pink and gray Under Armor running shoes, and I'm VERY excited.

The other exciting news?  Neal and I are both going to start training for another 5k.  I felt so accomplished and great after the St. Patty's Day race that I now want to do another one, and Neal wants to join me!  He got a new pair of Nike Shox just for the occasion.

Yaya!

2 comments:

  1. Props, heaven knows I have neither the health of the effort to accomplish such a task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the race and getting the new shoes! Good shoes are important. You don't want to spend your money on doctor bills!

    ReplyDelete