Background

Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hooray for St. Patty's Day!

Ok, I know.  This is my third post in two days, but I feel like I have a lot to talk about lately.

Today, I remembered something very important.  I remembered that about two months ago I told my sister-in-law I would do a 5k with her on St. Patty's Day.  It seemed like a very long ways away, so I didn't think much of it.  Until today....when I remembered that I'd agreed to do this 5k...which is on Saturday.  Now, to some people this wouldn't be a big deal, but for me, well, I don't exercise much...or at all.  If I do, its like a half an hour of yoga or a couple push ups and sit ups.  Not cardio.  I used to be in GREAT shape (explanation: skinny does not equal in shape).  I ran seven miles in one run once.  Hit a runner's high for the first time and LOVED it. At that point in time, I had a goal: to pass Loveland PD's entrance fitness exam.  I had a reason to be working out (more than just to take care of my body...for some reason I don't find that a huge motivator, which at this point, makes me feel kind of ungrateful to my Heavenly Father for the good working, healthy body I have).  Then I lost my goal because I decided not to go into police work, and well, I stopped exercising at all.  Then I met Neal and life got crazy and took off.

Anyway, back to the present.  The 5k on Saturday.  I forgot until today.  Three days before the race.  So I went for a run today...I walked/ran 1.5 miles and it KILLED me.  I was hacking up a bunch of crap (my lungs were SO not happy), my legs felt like absolute jello, and started to feel dizzy.  Awesome.  Luckily, my sister-in-law said she's going really slow/walking on Saturday.  So, my goal?  At this point to just finish the race: walking, running, crawling, etc.  My next goal?  To be able to do the Turkey Trot (another 5k) in November, and to not die doing it.  Preferably running, but at least not to die.  I have a goal again, and that makes me happy.  (I'm pretty sure it'll make Neal happy, too.  You know, the whole "wife getting hotter" thing...hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment