Background

Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

"I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend"

Do you see the guy in the picture below?


His name is Neal Johnson, and he's my husband and best friend.  You see that kind of crooked smile he has?  It makes me melt.  Every time.

I just got home from work, and walked into the bedroom to kiss him on the forehead goodnight (like I always do) and had one of those moments where I sat there for a minute and it hit me that he is my eternal companion - that literally, I'm lucky enough to spend eternity with him.
And lucky doesn't even fully describe how I feel.

Our second anniversary was a couple weeks ago, followed closely by his birthday.
I posted about our celebratory trip to Las Vegas here and here.

But I want to give Neal his own special post.
Because he truly is the most important person in my life, and he is super amazing, and deserves his own post.

-Neal was born on May 16.  This year he turned a quarter of a century old.
-He loves his family more than anything in the world.  He is fiercely loyal to them, and will do anything he can to take care of them and ensure their well-being.


-He is also fiercely loyal to his friends.  The amount of care he puts into his friendships even when I don't necessarily think it's worth it astounds me.  Once you are his friend, you will be his friend forever, and he will do all he can to help you.


-He has a gift for sound engineering.  He's only ever received on-the-job training, but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who has the ability to just make what you're listening to "sound great."  He's received numerous positive reviews for shows he's designed.


- He has an amazing knowledge of the gospel.  He learned so much on his mission, and truly took to heart the things he learned there.  I love watching him teach, whether to the kiddos at church or just me in the walls of our own home.  The excitement that fills his eyes makes me so grateful, every time.


-He is an incredible drummer.  He truly has a gift that he's been given, and listening to him play makes my heart sing.  He also sings very well.  I love sitting next to him in church because I can actually harmonize with him :)



- He is an avid rock climber, snowboarder, wakeboarder, camper, caver, and all around outdoor enthusiast.  I'm pretty sure I completed his outdoor repertoire when I added hunting to that list.  He shot his first deer last year, and I was so very proud of him.






-He works so very hard at everything he does.  Whether it is his school work, jobs, friendship, learning to shoot, our relationship, or any other number of things he does, he puts his whole heart and soul into it.  He strives to make it the very best that he can.

-He loves pirates :) We celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day every year.


-He LOVES the Rockies.  There's usually a game playing on the radio or on his phone during baseball season.



-And last (for this post anyway...there's much more that's amazing about him), he treats me like gold.  He truly is an incredible husband.  One who is gentle and kind, and strives everyday to make me as happy as I can possibly be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment