Background

Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!!

So today is Mother's Day.  First of all, happy Mother's Day to every mother, mother-in-law, soon to be mother, want to be mother, and mother to children who are not their own (aka aunts, cousins, etc.) who reads this!  You truly are special, and make a difference in the lives of your kiddos.

Today I want to post about my mom in celebration of her!

This is my wonderful, amazing mom, Jessica.


I love her, LOTS, and am so grateful she is my mom!
I've learned a lot from her in my 23 years.
What I love most, however, is that over the past three years she has become one of my best friends.
Let me tell you a little about my momma :)

Her name is Jessica, and she's married to my dad, Brent.
She's the mother of four kiddos, I'm the oldest.
She works at a hospital.  She always finds little ways to serve people at work, and I love hearing her stories about it!
She has a fierce testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  She has always been a shining example to me of charity and love, even to people who I felt didn't deserve it.  She's also taught me so much about the Atonement, and I am SO grateful for that!
She LOVES kids.  If she can find a baby to hold or a kid to play with, she is happy,  (She can't wait to be a grandma).
She LOVES shoes.  I have always been sad that her feet are so much smaller than mine.
She also love clothes.  She has some pretty awesome things to wear, and a lot of times they disappear out of her closet because her girls steal them.
She is super healthy.  I'm always impressed with her commitment to exercising and taking care of her body.
She adores bears.  Live, stuffed animals, statues, you name it, she loves it.  Some of her favorite presents from us have been bears.
She plays the piano, and she has a GORGEOUS voice.  She inspired the musician in me when I was very young, and I am always so excited when people tell me my voice sounds like her.
She truly enjoys cooking.  You should check out her cooking blog.

On one of our "Twilight date nights"
My mother is an amazing, inspiring, loving, caring woman.  I hope someday I can be the mother to my children that she has been to me!!

Love you mom!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment