Background

Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Missionaries and doctor's appointments

March 9-15

- Daylight savings time started this week.  I was not excited.  I was quite happy with the sun starting to come up while I was getting ready and leaving for work.  After his day, it was dark again.  Oh well.  It's starting to come up again (even though this is the last week I'll be getting up that early for work).

- We met with a lady in our ward about our taxes.  Not going to lie...I didn't realize how much we got back for our college payments.  Neal only went to school part time at the beginning of the year before he finished his degree, so we didn't spend nearly as much for school.  That made our refund pretty much plummet this year.  Oh well.  At least we are getting SOMETHING back!

- I had a doctor's appointment (which you can read about here.)  After that we headed down to the temple in Denver for the last time before little dude is born.  It was a bit weird to think that the next time we'd be down there, we'd have a kiddo.

- The missionaries came over.  We've got some awesome missionaries serving in our ward right now.  They come over every once in a while to teach us.  We absolutely love having them come over.

- My friend, Ashley, and I went to the ward Relief Society Appreciation Dinner at our church.  We had a wonderful dinner served by the high priests group of prime rib, broccoli, and dessert (angel food cake with strawberries...YUM)!  We then had a fun quiz about how well we knew the history of Relief Society.  I also learned about Goodreads during this dinner.  Oh my gosh.  I love it!  If you're on Goodreads, add me as a friend.  I'm so excited about it!

March 16-22

- We went to our friend, Jessica's, farewell talk.  She leaves for her mission super soon, and it was so wonderful to hear her speak!

- The people at Neal's work had a baby shower for us.  I hadn't met most of them, so it was fun to go and meet his coworkers and have a lovely lunch!  We did a potluck, and one of Neal's coworkers made "Sloppy Joey's."  It was so cute!

- I made corned beef and cabbage with potatoes for the first time for St. Patrick's Day.  I was really nervous, but it ended up being really easy, and turned out really well!  I was excited!

- I had my weekly doctor's appointment.  I was still 50-60% effaced and 1 cm dilated, so not much changed.  Joey's heartbeat was good though, and everything measured good, so he just needs some more time :)

- We had the missionaries come over for dinner.  Hamburgers and bratwursts.  Yum!

- Neal ran 9 to 5 at the Candlelight a couple of the days.  The show closed this past weekend, so it was the last time he was going to run a show there.  It was a little bittersweet for him.  He also got to mix monitors for Tracy Lawrence and John Anderson.  He said it was a pretty incredible show.  I was jealous.

That's about it for these last two weeks.  I keep hoping every day that little Joey will make his entrance into this world, and I will be able to post tons of cute pictures on here.  Not yet thought :) I keep telling myself that really, at most, there are 2 1/2 weeks until he will be here.  They seem like the longest 2 1/2 weeks of my life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment