Background

Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

39 weeks

There are four days left until my due date.  4 days.  In another 2 1/2 hours, it'll only be three.

Here's what is going on right now:

- Logically, I know I will only be pregnant for another 2 weeks.  My doctor will induce at 41 1/2 weeks.  Therefore, max, I will be pregnant for 2 more weeks.  Emotionally, however, is a totally different story.  I can't remember not being pregnant, and I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.

- I'm getting kind of snappy.  I keep getting texts and phone calls from people asking things like "is the baby here yet?", and I really want to respond with something along the lines of "Yup.  We had him last week.  We're just choosing not to tell anyone."  Not kind, I know, and I've done really, REALLY well at not snapping back (Neal even agrees).  However, if you contact me and my response seems snappy, please don't take it personally.  My patience is wearing thin with the knowledge that there's not really anything that I can do (besides what I'm already doing) to make little dude come.

- Neal is being a serious rock star.  He listens to every complaint I have, massages my feet, and does whatever he can to help me out (like making dinner tonight).  He's gone on every walk with me that he can, and has even come up with things like going down to Flat Irons for a change in scenery.

- I'm walking a ton.  A ton being somewhere between 1 and 2 miles a day.  I'm also sitting on an exercise ball, squatting, and all that fun stuff (including the things that are a little TMI to post on a blog).  I REFUSE to drink castor oil.  If anyone has any other suggestions for coaxing this little boy along, I'd greatly appreciate them.

- Little dude's heart rate was 145 bpm at our appointment on Monday.  The doctor told me she wasn't going to guarantee that he would come this week, but she did feel like my body was/is getting ready, and that the chances of me needing to get induced are slim (thank goodness)!

- Little dude is still moving around, but its more squirming than rolling.  His favorite thing to do is stick his foot (or his knee...we haven't really figured out which yet) out as far as he can.  It was pretty entertaining last night to watch a body part repeatedly get stuck out of my side.  It's fun to play with him by grabbing his foot until he moves it and sticks it out in another place (and then repeat the process).  It's fun to watch Neal play the game with him because its a way that Neal can really bond with him while he's still inside.

We truly are so excited for him to be here.  We go to bed every night telling each other it could be our last night without a kiddo.  We love him so much already, and can't wait until we get to share him with everyone else, too!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda you are so super cute. I'm 37 weeks just 2 weeks behind you and being baby #4 I've been ready for baby to be out since I got pregnant. I know exactly how you are feeling and all I can say is hang in there. I love that you are documenting everything. Cause it is a roller coaster of a journey. The anticipation and the hormones and crazy emotions that come with it all is just how being pregnant is all about. But he will come and you won't be pregnant forever. I'm sooooo excited for you and having little dudes are so much fun. I know I have three of them. The fun hasn't stopped.
    PS always remember to relax and breath. Keep practicing for the delivery. You and Neal are going to be great parents. For two weeks stop looking at texts. Be alone with Neal and do your best to enjoy these last moments alone!!! Read, watch a show, SLEEP!!!! Even if your not tired SLEEP!!!! I think of you guys often and sad I'm not in your ward anymore. Wish Jace could see that belly on you. Let him know I'm not the only one. : ) If you need anything please know I'm here for you. I even have some cute boy things if you need anything. I'll be praying for you. And I love your honesty.
    Be good to yourself!!!
    Natalie Saari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried everything with zoe! Still had to be induced from preeclampsia though. Just continue walking, yoga, stairs, the thing that made him ;) maybe ask your doctor to sweep you membranes(also had this done and it didnt do anything) but I have heard it hasa pretty high sucsses rate and a lot of womem go in labor that night. Maybeclean the whole house one day lol. Have neal massage your ankles, there are pressure point there thatare linked to the uterus(you can look them up). Iwould have tommy massage that area while we watched tv lol. Good luck, and I ignored text and messages asking if she was here yet. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, I so appreciate your honesty! Same thing happened with my first (constant stream of phone calls asking if he was here yet) and I was SO done being pregnant so my patience and kindness were rare because I, too, felt like that pregnancy was never going to end! However, I DID snap, more than once I'm ashamed to admit. I started answering the phone like this: "No baby yet!" It was not my best moment. I can laugh about it now though! :) Your patience is seriously admirable.

    I've done all sorts of crazy things to get babies out, and I get crazier with each. My last one I did the castor oil 3 times in a 4-day period. Totally insane on my part, but it really wasn't terrible AND (sorry for the TMI) I didn't have a BM during delivery. I'd say that's a success! (I know, GROSS!) Sounds like you're already doing all you can to get him here, and I promise he REALLY will come out, though it seems unimaginable right now. I just hope he comes soon so you'll have some relief! Good luck! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete