Background

Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Gratitude

This week has been a rough week.  Joey had a stomach bug, and then went straight into having croup.  Saturday night we ended up in the ER to get him steroids to help his breathing.  On Monday he was unofficially diagnosed with asthma, and we have to start doing daily medication to help keep him from getting so sick.  It brings back a lot of memories from when I was a kid about how much I hated my asthma, and I subconsciously feel blame for him having it (even though I have zero control over it).

Yesterday, Joey didn't nap because of his cough, and because of the lack of sleep for both of us the last week, we both went into melt down mode.  Last night, as I was reading him "Love You Forever" I was reminded of a lot of things this last week that I'm really grateful for.

1 - I'm grateful for towels.  Seriously, I can't imagine what we would have done when he had the stomach flu if it wasn't for towels.

2 - I'm grateful for my husband who is willing to deal with and clean up any mess - he got the nasty part of the stomach flu job.

3 - I'm grateful that the after hours number for our pediatrician's office gets us to Children's Hospital.  I had to call them twice and both times they were super helpful.

4 - I'm grateful Neal's cousin works at our pediatrician's office, and that she passes zero judgement when I text her with questions.

5 - I'm grateful that we have good insurance.  It made going to the ER a lot less painful than it could have been.

6 - I'm grateful that there has been so much advancement made and knowledge gained about asthma since I was a kid.

7 - I'm grateful for doctors that trust what parents' say was happening, even if it isn't happening when the doctor is examining them.

8 - I'm grateful for the book "Love You Forever."  It reminded me how quickly he's growing up already, that it's normal for Joey to be "driving me crazy," and that the negative moments we're having right now will pass quickly.

9 - I'm grateful that I can trust Neal with Joey, no matter what.  I hear a lot of wives say they can't leave their kids with their husbands, especially when they're sick.  I had zero worries for the short time I left them on Sunday to go to primary.

10 - I'm grateful for bedtime.  Both Joey's and mine.

11 - I never thought I'd say this, but I'm grateful for Daniel Tiger.

I have a lot to be grateful for.  A lot.  So although I've been posting some negative things on Facebook, please know that we have so many positive things in our lives.  It just takes me a while to remember them sometimes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment