Background

Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

We still exist, too :)

I post on here pretty often about Joey, but now that he's a year old and I feel like I'm a little more caught up on our life, I'm going to try and post more than just my monthly updates on Joey.

So, here's a little bit about Neal and I right now.

At our church, I teach and help with the 16 and 17 year old girls, and I am loving it.  I'm super excited to go to girl's camp with them this year.  I went to every year of girl's camp that I could when I was a young woman, and I loved it.  Our theme for the camp this year is "Anchored."  I think it's going to be an incredible year, that's for sure.

Neal and I are working super hard at getting (and staying) completely out of debt.  A few months after we bought our house, we had over $4000 in car repairs come up that we just flat out didn't have.  We were pretty stressed out about it.  For our wedding, someone gave us a copy of Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover."  Our friend's had used it to get out of debt, but we had kind of ignored it because we hadn't been in debt our entire marriage.  When we had to put the car repairs on credit cards though, I picked up that book and started reading.  Fast forward a few months, and we are now taking Dave Ramsey's class "Financial Peace University" (thanks to our friends that I mentioned earlier).  We are learning SO much.  I think one of the coolest things is that it lines up with the counsel our prophets and apostles have given about debt and finances.  We are really excited about this, and look forward to when we are done with paying off our debts.

After over a year, Joey finally slept a long time last night.  He went from 7:30 pm to 4:30 am.  Hallelujah.

Even with the sleep issues we've been having (which I've finally accepted are mostly my doing), I'm seriously baby hungry again.  We have a plan, and I keep telling myself that, but it doesn't stop my ovaries from jumping every time I see or hold someone's new baby.  It's interesting this time around.  When we first talked about trying to get pregnant with Joey, he really struggled with the idea - he was pretty slow to agree it was time.  This time around, he seems pretty excited about it.  I think he truly enjoys being a dad, and after seeing all of the joy Joey brings to our family, I think he's looking forward to adding to that joy.

Neal's job is going very well.  He has received many compliments from tenants and from supervisors about the work he is doing.  I'm grateful for his assistant technical director, who has made his job much easier to do because he can focus on his job instead of having to worry about his ATD.

We love our house.  We are currently working on starting a garden in our back yard.  We're moving a section of rock in our back yard every year - we have three sections total.  We moved one this year, and we're planning on moving one more each year until we are done.  After that, we are going to replace the other half of the rock along the back fence with a play area for Joey and any future kids.

Life is going really well for us right now, and I'm incredible grateful to Heavenly Father for that.  While we do work very hard, Heavenly Father has sent an amazing amount of blessings our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment