Background

Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter

My heart is feeling rather tender this morning.  Today's a big day for me.

I'm celebrating the birth of our child.
I'm celebrating the resurrection of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'm listening to prophets and apostles of God.

I thought it only fitting to tell you what I know on this beautiful Easter morning.  In our church we call it "bearing our testimonies."

- I know my Savior, Jesus Christ, lives.  I know that He suffered in Gethsemane and was crucified for me.  I know He was resurrected on the third day, and that because He was, I can be, too.

- I know the amazing power of the Atonement.  I have utilized it so many times in my life - both to repent of my sins and to enable me to do more than my capacity.

- I know Thomas S. Monson is the prophet for the world, and that he is the Lord's spokesman today.

- I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him when he was 14 years old.  They told him there was no completely correct church on the earth at that point, and then under their instruction, he restored Christ's true church on the earth.

- I know the Book of Mormon is scripture, and that it was translated by Joseph Smith through the power of God.  I know that it works together with the Bible to give us the fullness of Christ's gospel.

- Because of my Savior, my family gets to be together forever.  Christ has given us temples to make special promises that allow our family ties to extend beyond the grave.

There are many more things that I know and believe, but these six are what I feel are most important.

Happy Easter my friends.  May God send bounteous blessings to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment