Background

Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's that time of year again

The holidays!!!

Ok, not quite yet.

And not what this post is about.

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we have a general conference for our entire church every six months.  Every April and October actually.

Literally millions of people gather at the Conference Center in Utah, in church buildings across the world, and as families in their homes to hear the words spoken by living prophets and apostles.

In April we didn't really get a chance to pay attention because we had a baby that was hours old in our arms.  And I missed it dearly.

So I'm excited for October's conference.  We'll be gathering with our family in our home to watch it.  In fact, if anyone needs a place to watch it (or if you're not a member of our church and would like to come listen and learn more about our church) you're more than welcome to come to our home.  Just let us know :)

With that being said, I'm doing something special to prepare for this conference.  I'm doing a "social media fast."  For the two weeks before conference I will be removing Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Blogger, etc. from my phone, and not checking it on the computer.  Instead, I'm going to take the time to be with my son, ponder what the Lord wants me to learn, and try to really draw closer to the Spirit.  (Last time I did this I had a pretty awesome experience.  Read about it here.)

If you'd like to join me in this effort, I strongly encourage it!

See ya'll in about two weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment