Background

Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Sleep, glorious sleep

Ok.  This post is partially because Neal's running late at work, Joey's asleep, and even though there are thousands of things around the house I could be doing, I'm sitting on my bum twiddling my thumbs because I'm bored.

But seriously.

Remember this cute little guy that caused so many Facebook posts about lack of naps?


You guys, he took 4 naps that were 45+ minutes today!  FOUR!  Woo-hoo!

Not only that, but each of them he went to sleep:
BY HIMSELF
IN HIS CRIB
WITHOUT ME IN THE ROOM

Every. Single. Time.

It's one of those days where I'm like "Yay!  I don't fail as a mom!"

I have painstakingly worked for the last two months to teach him how to fall asleep on his own.  I wanted SO BAD to avoid cry it out.  I hate the idea of it, and I just knew I was going to give in.  So each day I did something just a little bit different that would help him fall asleep more independently.

BAM.

Now, I will be cursed and it'll never happen again ;-)

But for reals.  I'm happy/relieved/exhausted/nervous all at the same time.

Woo-hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment