Background

Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I'm back! (General Conference)

Woo-hoo!

For all my LDS friends - General Conference was amazing, no?  I definitely wasn't disappointed.  My two week social media fast made a huge difference as well!  

One of the biggest blessings I saw was that I was able to hear the answers to the questions I had asked and pondered about even though I was dealing with Joey (he was having a hard time sleeping during those two days for some reason and was WAY overtired.  We finally swaddled him - which we haven't done in months - and he crashed in my arms during the second session on Sunday).

I think the biggest thing that I will remember though is that Heavenly Father knows I'm trying really hard to make sure I do the "little things" (like study my scriptures daily, say my prayers, teach Joey about Christ, etc.), and that He will bless my family and me for the effort that I make.  The Spirit really touched my heart as I had that thought and told me it was very, very true.

I'm so grateful for a God who is intricately involved in the details of my life.  I really see tender mercies like that from Him often.

Something else I've decided to do is take Facebook off my phone.  I want to see if it will help me feel closer to my Heavenly Father more often as it has done over the last two weeks.

What was your favorite part of Conference?  What did you learn?  Did you do a social media fast, too?

2 comments:

  1. I loved that I came with one question, which was answered probably 3 times, but I also got answers to 2 other questions that I wasn't even really thinking about this weekend, but had been often over the last few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super awesome :) I love when things like that happen!

      Delete