Background

Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

The snake story...

Earlier this week Neal posted pictures of our new "family member" that came home with us after 2 years....and I'm pretty sure it freaked a lot of people out.  Haha.

When I was little, my dad had quite a few snakes, and would breed them.  I helped take care of the babies, and loved it.  They never freaked me out or anything.  Before we moved up to Firestone, though, my parents got rid of them.

When I was 16 we were down at my aunt and uncle's house for Thanksgiving.  My uncle had had snakes for a while and any time I went down to their house I would hold them.  I was holding my uncle's Peruvian Red Tail Boa when he told me that he didn't really have the time to take care of her the way she needed to be treated, and asked if I wanted to have her.  As soon as I made sure it was okay with my parents, I excitedly agreed.  She went home with us that night, and I decided to name her Ayowin (from the Lord of the Rings movies).

I would insert a picture of when I first got her, but I can't seem to find one.  If I remember correctly, she was about 4 ft long at the time.

When Neal and I got married we moved into an apartment that didn't allow pets, and it was so small we wouldn't have been able to fit her cage in there anyway. So, she stayed at my parents house.  

Finally, after two years, we were able to figure out a place to put her in our bigger apartment.  Neal wasn't a huge fan of her when we first started dating, but they're turning out to be great friends ;) We are going to spend lots of time handling her, feeding her, and eventually selling her.  At this point, though, we are going to enjoy having an exotic pet that we think is cool and freaks most people out!

She's about 5 1/2 feet long now, and has a GORGEOUS red tail!

Neal and Ayowin becoming best friends ;)

Look at that gorgeous red tail :)




No comments:

Post a Comment