Background

Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

24 weeks :)


This is me this week - 24 weeks.  It's also one of my new shirts.  It's probably my favorite right now :) 

Our little dude is moving around a lot.  Neal was able to really feel him move on Sunday for the first time.  We were at the Colorado Mormon Chorale concert to support Neal's dad.  We aren't able to go to the concerts very often because of work schedules, so we jumped at the opportunity to go!  There was one song where our little guy started going CRAZY!  What usually happens is he moves a lot until I tell Neal to put his hand where little dude is moving.  As soon as I tell him where to put his hand. little guy stops moving.  He's a twerp like that...not that we couldn't have guessed that one was coming.  So after a few minutes I decided he was moving enough, and told Neal about it.  Neal discreetly turned his body and gently put his hand on top of my little bump.  As soon as he did, little dude kicked HARD!  It was so cool to see the look on Neal's face - his face lit up.  He finally was able to truly experience his son's little life :)

I've started experiencing sciatica over the past few weeks.  It's mostly in my left side, so I think a lot of it is from my hips moving while I'm sleeping (I sleep on my left side right now, but I'm used to sleeping on my back).  Thankfully, my chiropractor is awesome, and is willing to fit me in when I'm having pain.  He's adjusted my hips twice in the last two weeks, and it seems to be helping.  I'm also trying to make sure I to stretching and walking, because I've read that helps.

We've decided to put off working on his room until after Christmas.  We've got so many presents hidden, boxes for decorations strewn about, and just extra stuff in there.  After that all goes away, we'll start putting his room together.  We're pretty excited!  Crazy to think that there's only 16 or so more weeks until we get to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment