Background

Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Our "interesting" day

Saturday was a rather interesting day for us.  It started off going to be at about 1230 am (yes, from Friday night...).  My sister was driving in from Utah and I wanted to see her before we went to bed.  It probably wasn't the SMARTEST idea since Neal and I had to get up at 4:30 am, but I didn't care.  We stayed at my parents house so we didn't have to get up any earlier than that.  We slept on the floor, and well, lets just say neither one of us got very much sleep.

We got up at 4:30 am to go dove hunting about an hour and a half away from my parents house.  We were so tired that neither Neal nor I woke up when my alarm went off at 4:15.  My dad actually had to come wake us up.  We dragged our butts out of bed though and were on our way by about 4:40.  We got all settled in at our spot and waited for the birds to fly in.  We shot like poo the entire day.  Neal was able to shoot his first bird (and therefore his first animal...yay!!!!) and we were very excited about it.

We left hunting at about 10 am because Neal and I were supposed to be at a wedding in Winter Park by 3 pm.  After we had showered and gotten ready at my parents house we started on our way up.  After about 20 minutes in the car I PASSED out.  I was so grateful that Neal was able to sleep a little bit on the way home from hunting...between my allergies and my lack of sleep there was NO way I was going to be able to drive.  Neal woke me up at about Colorado Mills to tell me he just saw a sign saying it would take an HOUR to get to Idaho Springs, and then at least another hour to get to Winter Park.  We looked at the time and realized there was no way we would make it for the ceremony, and that if we did make it for the reception, we would be cutting time uncomfortably close.  Neal had to be to work at 7, and we realized that with how bad traffic was, there was a probability we would not make it back in time.  After discussing it, we decided to invite our friends over for dinner sometime soon and celebrate with them then.

The 2nd best part of the day (next to Neal shooting his first bird) was going home, sitting down on the couch, and passing out until Neal had to leave for work.

I am quickly realizing the importance of sleep...the entire day that day my reaction time was SO slow, and I couldn't have made a decision to save my life.  I think it was Heavenly Father's way of reminding me how important it is to get the sleep I need while working such a high risk/stressful job.  Its something that I hopefully will be able to remember at all times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment