Background

Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Joey - 23 months

I'm honestly in denial that I will have a two year old in under a month. As we were walking out of the hospital with Hunter, I found myself thinking about all of the incredible things that have happened in the last two years, and how it feels like such a short amount of time.

- We had a Superbowl party with my family.  Joey loved having so much family over, and cheered for the Broncos.  My dad taught him to lift up his arms every time he said "Go Broncos."  He grinned every time we cheered for him.


- We also learned that night that he has learned "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" in nursery.  He would jump and lift his arms above his head every time we said "sunbeam."

- We had a Family Home Evening about temples, and we built a temple out of Joey's blocks.  Ever since then he begs us to build a temple with his blocks.



- As a reward for Joey doing his chores, we took him up to Estes Park to see a train show.  He was enamored by all of the moving trains.  They had an area that kids could push buttons to make different trains move - I think that was his favorite part.  So we went to the train show, had lunch, and then walked down by the river for a little bit.





- Joey helped get the baby's room ready.  He was such a big helper getting everything ready for the baby.  I feel so grateful that he was so chill during the last month of my pregnancy.  He would help in any way I asked and when I told him I needed to relax, he would do things that we could do sitting down together.


- It started to get a lot warmer outside, so we spent a LOT of time outside this month and LOVED it




- Joey started doing more pretend play this month.  He loves bringing my stuffed possums downstairs and feeding them.  He "cooks" for them.  We got him fake food for his birthday and I can't wait to give it to him so he can "really" cook.  He also loves pretending to be a robot.  We build a robot costume and he walks around saying "beep-boop." (Thanks to Miss Elaina from Daniel Tiger).



- We went down to Denver to a HUGE volleyball tournament to support Neal's cousin.  Joey enjoyed running around with his cousins during the break.



- Joey loves nursery at church.  All throughout the week, if we bring up church, he asks repeatedly to go to nursery.  He also loves his friend, Pepper, from church.  One week Neal snapped this picture of Joey and Pepper walking to nursery together.


- We spent as much time cuddling on Joey since we knew Hunter would be coming soon.  One of my favorite times of the day is watching Neal and Joey at bedtime.  Joey loves his daddy.


Joey's doing pretty well with adjusting to being a big brother.  The next couple of months will definitely be an adjustment for all of us though.  He's doing well though, and we're looking forward to seeing how the next month goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment