Background

Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Our Hospital Stay

We made it to our hospital room about 4 hours after Joey was born.  Joey was awake at that point. Our nurse helped us get all settled in, and then let us be with our little one. 

Joey fell asleep at about 530, and so did Neal.  Joey's bassinet was at the foot of my bed, and I just laid there and stared at him. I was exhausted, but couldn't fall asleep. I couldn't help but just sit and stare at this little boy. I laid there staring at him for two hours, and then finally dozed off at about 730. No one told me that I would have trouble sleeping even though he was asleep!! Haha.


Joey thankfully didn't have any problems breastfeeding, so that's pretty much what the next day and a half consisted of. There were a few special moments though:

Neal and Joey sleeping during General Conference


Seeing how much weight Joey had lost since being born



We didn't get a picture of his first bath unfortunately. The only part of it he liked though was getting his head washed :)

The nurses at PVH were wonderful. They were incredibly helpful, and so kind. The best part was they were super encouraging, and made me feel like I was doing a great job. 

One really neat thing that PVH does is give a gourmet meal to couples who have just had a baby. Neal ate steak and lobster, and I ate a delicious chicken meal (I can't remember what it was called...).  Neal's favorite part was the little jar of A1 steak sauce that came with his meal.

On Sunday around noon, my doctor came in and evaluated us. She said that everything seemed to be going well with us, so she would be comfortable with us either going home that day or staying until Monday. Neither Neal nor I had slept very well the night before (my bed wasn't comfortable, and Neal's little pull out cot was super uncomfortable), so we decided to head home that evening. 

We wrapped up our new little family member in his going home outfit (which we have affectionately dubbed his "moose butt" outfit because it has a moose head on the bum), put him in his car seat, and headed home!

Getting ready to go home!!


No comments:

Post a Comment